EL MONTE, Calif., Saturday, May 13 - EIGHTEEN quartets competed in the combined Southeast and Southwest Division Quartet Contest this evening, eleven from Southeast and seven fron Southwest. FIVE of those quartets scored 1224 or higher from the triple panel to qualify for the District Quartet Contest this Fall in Bakersfield — THREE from the Southest Division and TWO from the Southwest Divison.
Here are the results of the Quartet Contest.
QUALIFING QUARTETS FROM THE SOUTHEAST DIVISION
- 184 • 1322 • 73.4%
- Fourtunate Sons • 1302 • 72.3%
- Four Fifteen • 1260 • 70.0%
- 184 is the Southeast Division Quartet Champion.
- Time Wise is the Southeast Division Seniors Quartet Champion.
- Emergency Exit is the Southeast Division Novice Quartet Champion.
QUALIFING QUARTET FROM THE SOUTHWEST DIVISION
- Velvet Frogs • 1287 • 71.5
- Apex • 1236 • 68.7
- Velvet Frogs is the Southwest Division Quartet Champion.
- Apex is the Southwest Division Seniors Quartet Champion.
- 66 WEST is the Southwest Division Novice Quartet Champion
- District qualification for seniors quartet contestants will be determined after all division results are completed.
- The District Super Seniors Quartet Champion will be determined after all division results are completed.