Navigation of this site is relatively simple. Beneath the banner across the top of the page is a row of general topics, each labeled with a related icon:
- HOME - The "root" or "home" page, the starting point of everything, and the place to "go back".
- ABOUT - Information about the Far Western District: our vision, our mission, our leadership, and our history.
- CHAPTERS - Information about the chapters and chourses in the Far Western District, including a Chapter Directory where you can find, contact, and visit a chapter.
- QUARTETS - Information about the quartets in our district, including a Quartet Directory where you can find and contact a quartet, or form one of your own!
- YIH - Information about the District's Youth Camp and other youth-related events. While much of the content is focused on introducing barbershop to young singers, and there is also a great deal of information available for music educators, and chapters who want to particpate in Youth Outreach programs.
- NEWS - Announcements and news "blogs" with articles of interest to members of the Far Western District as well as each of the five divisions.
- EVENTS - Your gateway to "all things barbershop" in the district, including the District Calendar, Convention Registration, Harmony for Lunch, and Youth Camp.
- EDUCATION - Training resources for chapter officers.
- DOCS - A collection of various media: documents, forms, scoresheets, graphical resources, letterhead, videos, photos, and event social media.
- LINKS - Useful links to parent and related organizations, special interests such as AHSOW and PROBE, and District and Society Email Lists.
- HELP - Answers to "How do I ... ?" as well as how to contact us for more help. You made it here, so it apparently works.
These constitute the MAIN MENU of the site. When you click or hover your pointer over a general topic, a drop-down of categories appears for the topic. Clicking the category will take you to that content.
The entire list of topics in the main menu is listed on the left side of this page to give you an idea of all the information that is available. These are also active links, and you may click them, just as you would on the menu, to navigate to the content.
In the top of the page, you will notice another menu. The Far Western District "website" is actually made up of several separate sites, and you can use this menu to navigate between them.
- FAR WESTERN DISTRICT - The main "home" website for the Far Western District (this site).
- EVENTS - The Far Western District's on-line Convention Registration system, where you go to register for District and Divisional conventions.
- WESTUNES - Westunes Magazine, the official publication of the Far Western District.
- YOUTH IN HARMONY - Information about the District's Youth Camp and other youth-related events. While much of the content is focused on introducing barbershop to young singers, and there is also a great deal of information available for music educators, and chapters who want to particpate in Youth Outreach programs.
You will also find the links to these sites on the footer of each page.
This website has been developed with "responsive" technology, meaning it will adapt itself appropriately for the best possible viewing, whether your are using your computer, your tablet, or your smartphone. When viewing on this site on a smaprtphone or mini-tablet, the menus described above will not be visible as they are on larger-screen devices, as they take up too much space on smaller screens. Instead, the main menu is moved to an off-canvas "sidebar" which you can reveal by tapping the Navigation icon (sometimes referred to as the "hamburger") that appears on the upper left corner of the page.
NEED MORE HELP?
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions, or still need help locating information. You'll find me by clicking Contact Us under the HELP topic.
David Melville, FWD Webmaster.